Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things to do before September


After September, life will be really busy and probably different from now. Happy encouraged me to think of things that I want to do before September.

I've decided I'm going to have a check list of 10 simple items..

1. Bake a cake.
My last cake was... oh dear.. when was it.. Combing through my blog, I think it was September last year. Gulp, yes it been that long? The last cake The Husband baked was in December last year.

The Beast has been very lonely of late. I feel guilty now.

There is a green tea pound cake recipe I've been keen on trying.

Another cake I really want to bake is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, from a recipe I saw from Rachel Allen.

2. Bake some bread
Again, my last one was so long ago, I can't even remember now. I should make and freeze a whole batch for breakfast..

3. Catch a movie in the theatre
It has been a while.. I've watched plenty of movies in planes and on the iPad. But it'd be nice to watch one in the cinema.. with a small bag of popcorn.

4. Go for high tea with friends
Not that I haven't been recently. My latest visit was to the one at 10 Scotts. But one can always do with my high teas.

Anyone keen? ;)

5. Go for a walk at the Botanic Gardens
It's been a while.

Some fresh air and exercise would be good.

6. Organise a party
It's been a while but I think a Barbeque with my family would be nice. I can make a nice Homemade Salsa to go with chips that my family can munch on whilst the fire starts. And I can marinate some really nice Ping Gai chicken for the barbeque.

7. Cook something with Mum
With my parents now retired, mum has been whipping up lots of wonderful food for us. I'd like to cook either some rice dumplings with her or some deep fried prawn crackers.

It'd be a nice time together and I get to learn something..

8. Meet up with some of my ex-colleagues for lunch
I have a whole list of ex-colleagues and ex-clients I want to meet for lunch. Should try to do lunch with at least one of them every week from now on.

9. Go for a massage
I've not gone for one since our Bali trip.. It'd be really nice to have a relaxing massage...

10. Go for a short trip somewhere
I've been to London, Bali and Switzerland already this year.. but another trip somewhere near would be nice - like Malacca or Port Dickson. I really do want to go to Hong Kong, but I don't think we have time for that.

Even Malacca or Port Dickson may not be very possible - My weekends seem pretty packed already!

11 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

Don't have to publish this...what's up in sep? are you preggie?

Open Kitchen Concept said...

You are so clever Sinfonia.. Yes :)

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

congrats for the Dragon baby! WOOHOO!! =D

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Fry!

Rene said...

Congrats!!! Life will certainly be different ... but definitely in a good way. =) Take care!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Ah.. I'm not so sure Rene. Hopefully :) Thanks!

My Sinfonia said...

My heartiest congratulations, OKC!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Sinfonia :)

Blur Ting said...

We can organise tea and do a walk in Botanic gardens together! I don't think Port Dickson is worth a trip especially now that you're pregnant.

Wen-ai said...

congrats! I was thinking to myself that you might be expecting.... ;) One more thing to add to your list: SLEEP. Sleep 12 hrs if you can... haha. U will definitely miss uninterrupted sleep!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Wen-ai.. Oh, I havent been able to sleep well.. :(